by zinc Roe
There are many great apps such as ShowMe, Ask 3, and Explain Everything that allow students to write and record their work in order share with teachers and classmates. Such apps help demonstrate comprehension and allow students to apply their knowledge to relevant problems within any subject area. Sago Mini Doodlecast provides this function in a platform that is perfect for the primary grades. The app includes various prompts to which students respond verbally or with a drawing. They can export their response as a video to be shared with the class.
How It Works?
- Step 1: To create a new doodle cast tap on the play icon or on one of the pictures on the home screen.
- Step 2: Each prompt will be read to the student. They can tap on the canvas to respond or swipe their finger across the middle of the screen to browse more drawing prompts. To create a doddlecast on a blank canvas, tap on the page icon in the top right corner.
- Step 3: Once you tap the middle of the prompt image, a canvas will appear and the right button will indicate that the app is already recording. Use the tools in the bottom menu bar to draw the answer while speaking the answer to the prompt. Tap the record button when finished and the green light will indicate that you are not recording.
- Step 4: Tap the check mark to indicate you are finished. The app will preview your doodlecast.
- Step 5: In the gallery, you can save the doodlecast as a video to your photo library.
Cost and Platforms