A+ Spelling Test
by Innovative Mobile Apps
This free spelling app allows you to create a customized word list for your students. Its simple interface and easily customizable features allow your students to practice and quiz at their own pace. Students can take a screen shot or email their results to you for easy assessment. The exercises include: practice (which reveals the number of letters in the word), unscramble, and ace it.
How It Works?
- Step 1: The home screen will display all of your word lists stored on this device. Tap the plus icon to enter a new list of words to use in a spelling assessment.
- Step 2: Tap on the list you created, and then tap on the plus icon to begin entering words to your list. Type in the word, and then record yourself speaking the word after tapping the red record button.Tap next to add another word to your list.
- Step 3: Now that you have created your word list, your students are ready to practice spelling the words with three different type of exercises: practice, unscramble, or ace it.
- Step 4: Once students are ready, they can complete a graded assessment that speaks the word for them to spell. If the student needs to listen to the word again they can tap on the speaker icon. The test alerts the student to the correct answer if they were incorrect.
- Step 5: On the home screen, you can tap on the cog icon to change a few setting like turning on/off the instant feedback during the spelling test. You can also clear the test scores for another student to complete the test on the same device.
Cost and Platforms
A+ Spelling Test is a free app in the Apple app store.