by From the Tôp
This creative application serves a similar function as apps such as Pic Collage. Except Video Frames offers a special twist on the image collage. Students can add video into one of the frames in the collage. Students can include images that support or show what the video is describing. The app is easy to use and students can record video straight from the device they create their collage on.
How It Works?
- Step 1: Browse through the different frame sizes and options by swiping your finger across the screen and then tap the frame set you wish to use.
- Step 2: Tap on an empty frame and then choose to upload a photo or video. Choose an image from your photo library. Once the image appears in the frame, you can drag and pinch the image to adjust it.
- Step 3: Tap the last remaining frame and then tap “Take Video” to record a video or “Video” to choose a pre-recorded video clip. A camera window will appear and then tap on the record button to film.
- Step 4: If you are happy with the recording,tap on the “Use” button, or “Retake” if you are not. Do not close the app once the video begins processing.
- Step 5:Tap on the paint bucket icon to adjust the frame color.
- Step 6:Tap on the people icon for different exporting options.
Students often rush through recording themselves. It can help to write scripts before recording and encourage them to record several takes.
Cost and Platforms
Video Frames is available for $0.99 in the Apple app store.
Lesson Plans Using This App:
Digital Book Reporter