One of many U.S. President apps available on the App Store, American Presidents is a perfect blend of relevant knowledge and an interactive interface made simple for exploring. Students search through a linear timeline that includes information on each president and the significant events that occurred during their presidency. The app also includes a library of maps, important U.S. documents, and a quiz to asses the student’s comprehension.
How It Works?
- Step 1: The app will open to timeline listing every President from George Washington to Barack Obama. Students can browse through the Presidents by dragging their finger along the timeline. Underneath each President, the students can explore significant events that occurred during their term.
- Step 2: Tap on a President or an event to accesses information about the subject. Each president page will include bullet points of significant accomplishments, a detailed biography and a gallery of images for the student to get a comprehensive knowledge base on the subject.
- Step 3: The documents button on the bottom menu bar includes an extensive library of significant U.S. documents.
- Step 4: The map button on the bottom menu bar includes a library of maps that show the evolution of the United States through its development to a fifty state country.
- Step 5: Students can test their comprehension of each era of U.S. history by completing a quiz found on the bottom menu bar.
Cost and Platforms
American Presidents for iPad is available for $3.99 on Apple app store.