by Tamajii Inc
One of many available apps that creates story books, Bookabi offers fun and simple interface for younger grades. The app allows students to add images and illustrations to tell a story. Bookabi includes generic illustrations, including backgrounds and people in order for younger students can create stories without importing images.
How It Works?
- Step 1: Open the app and tap on the add icon to create a new story. On the menu page, you can also browse through the created books and export the books by tapping the share button.
- Step 2: Add a story title and author name to your book. Then choose your desired orientation and tap the create button.
- Step 3: The app will create the first page of your book. The bottom menu provides all the elements you can add to your story. The top button will take you in and out of the edit mode.
- Step 4: Tap on the background button to add illustrations or images from the photo gallery.
- Step 5: Tap the character button to add characters from the Bookabi library. New characters can be added with an in app purchase. Once a character is added, a new menu will appear to control the figure’s pose.
- Step 6: Tap on text button to add text to your story. You will first select if the type will have a background and/or border. Then you can add text, change the font, change the color, and more. When you are done editing the text, tap somewhere else on the page to return to the main edit menu.
- Step 7: A voice narration can be added by tapping the microphone icon.
- Step 8: On the main menu, tap on the share button to export your book. Saving it to iTunes will allow you to download a pdf version of the book when you connect your device to a desktop with iTunes.
Lessons Using this App
Cost and Platforms
Bookabi is a free application available on the Apple app store.